Friday, July 2, 2010

Finding Something Friday: Blimey! It's Smories time!


July started with a bang! (Um, sorry. I know that was bad.)


I opened up my inbox to find an email from Smories saying that my smory, "Ondine Oxenburg is Definitely Different" is live! Here's what that means...


Smories.com is a UK website where kids tell stories. Not just any stories, of course. They're recorded telling the stories that are sent in by writers like, well, me. Right now, Smories is having a competition where the smory with the most clicks wins. But the second, third, fourth and fifth most-clicked stories win, too.


I don't usually do competitions of this nature. But watching those little Brit kids reading stories sucked me in. I'm a bit of an Anglophile, you see.


So now, "Ondine Oxenburg is Definitely Different" is one of the finalists, and a very cute Brit kid is reading my smory. And wouldn't you just know it? I'm kinda sucked into that competiton now. 'Cause I'm a bit of a contestphile, too.


Click all month long! 'Cause it'd be swell if July ended with a bang, too! (Blimey!)