Monday, March 2, 2009

Much To Do About Marketing, Writer Mama, and Cats and Dogs

Normally I'd wax poetic about the snow we had in Georgia because that's what Southerners do. But I've got too much writer-y stuff to catch up on, and too many interesting Things to Do for you.

Thanks to speaker Shelli Wells' tips at the Springmingle conference, I've got a few tweaking tasks, like my website and my kiddie lit blog. If there's one thing that everybody harped on all conference long, it was marketing yourself. You can check out Shelli's Market My Words and get a few of those tips for yourself. And read all about her "Comment Your Butt Off" Contest and how you can win a free website building consult from Shelli.

If you weren't the lucky winner in my Writer Mama Giveaway, you should scamper over to Christina's Writer Mama blog and find out where she's giving away a copy of her book today. Every day in March (Yes, every day) she's giving her book away on a different blog. Seriously, Christina Katz is a marketing machine.

And, finally, maybe you're like me and thinking about doing some actual, er, writing. I've got to get to work on my "what I learned from my dog and cat" stories for those Chicken Soup books (Stories due March 31st). It's going to take some serious thinking to come up with anything I learned from Sally the crazy dog. I mean, let's be honest. I already knew how to be crazy.

Okay, maybe I've got time for one snow picture. But no waxing poetic.