Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The Mail! The Mail! Cup of Comfort for New Mothers Arrives



One good thing about being busy, busy, busy, is that I completely forget about everything else going on in my life. So, I was stunned...well, maybe not stunned...I was shocked...um, shocked doesn't quite work either. Let's just be cliche and say "surprised." But I was very surprised to get my copy of Cup of Comfort for New Mothers!

It's just that I don't like to count my publication credits before the book arrives. 'Cause sometimes, a book never gets published. It falls into the black hole of Forgetaboutit Land. But not Cup of Comfort! No, sir! My story, "The Mom Memory Lapse," was right there, on page, um, let me check...295.

Gee. Wonder if "The Mom Memory Lapse" almost didn't make the cut in a Cup of Comfort for New Mothers? Or maybe it was just so splendiferous, the editor (Colleen Sell) put it toward the very end to build up to the wonderfulness of it all?

I'm going to go with the splendiferous build up scenario. So, here's my story, in the latest C of C book, and really, I was surprised. But then, I was surprised to find a load of wet clothes in the washer (from a week ago).