Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tooting My Horn Tuesday for 12 Days of Christmas Prayer



A few weeks ago, I received a letter from an Adams Media editor that one of my stories would be included in a project called 12 Days of Christmas Prayer. And today, I remembered to look for the e-book, and deck the Halls with boughs of holly! There was my story, appearing on the First Day of Christmas!


I love the story, "Advent at the Hall House." It originally appeared in a Cup of Comfort Book of Christmas Prayer. And that was swell, to have it published and sitting pretty on the shelves in big bookstores during the holidays. But that's not why I love that story so much.




I loved those days when the kids could barely read, and we gathered around the Advent wreath to share a few prayers, the kind of prayers that started out with a very holy, "Dear Jesus." But somehow ended with a discussion of dogs, or firetrucks or what Mommy shouldn't have said to that man in the grocery store. It's that kind of a story.


My, that was some Christmas praying. Anyway, I'm sure the rest of the stories are just as wonderful as "Advent at the Hall House." You can find the e-book here for just a few dollars. It seems like a reasonable price for 12 Days of Christmas Prayer.


'Tis the season, friends. Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!