Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding Something Friday: Books, Books, Books, Award!



When I typed in that post title, I thought of that childhood game "Duck, Duck, Goose." And in a way, I found a few spots all about books for you to zip over to, click on, and then run back to whatever it was that you were doing before you dropped in here. So off we go!


At first, I thought the Gwinnett Library's page over at Facebook wouldn't have much significance for anyone but us Gwinettians. But then I had one of those aha! moments when I realized that ALL of my friends, wherever they are, can like this page and help our library get over 1600 Dummies books.


I've picked up a few of the Dummies books for the not-so-scathingly-brilliant Halls so I know how helpful these books can be. (Okay, okay. I read the Dummies books, too. Brilliance like this doesn't grow on trees, you know.) And if your library is participating in the same promotion, let me know and I'll happily like your page, too. Dummies books for everyone!


Now, a quick reminder that you can still comment to win Nava Atlas' gem of a book, The Literary Ladies Guide to the Writing Life. I cannot guarantee that you will be a scathingly brilliant writer after reading this book, but I can say unequivocally that you will be the richer for the experience. Type your comment (with your fingers crossed) on this Hall of Fame post.


And now, for all of you poetry enthusiasts (and I'm including myself here), you still have time to dash over to Donna's Book Pub where she's giving away Tanka Moments: A Man's Journey by David Lee Kirkland. She's shared a few tanka (just in case you need a little refresher, and I'm including myself here, also, on what exactly a tanka is).


Speaking of the wise and witty Donna, she's bequeathed upon me one of the inaugural Sisters of the Quill Awards. As such, I have been recognized as a quill-driver, a writer, a scribe, and let's see...oh, yes! A schrivener and an author worthy of recognition. That's very humbling, isn't it? I had no idea I was all that. But on the other hand, who am I to argue with the wise and witty Donna? Stay tuned for whom I pass the award on to next.


As you can see, Gladys, my muse of a goose, popped in today because she thought we'd be playing games and talking about her. It's scathingly brilliant books, books, books, and an award, you silly goose. And now, isn't it time you dashed off yourself?