Wednesday, March 2, 2011

And Another Thing I Love About Conferences...

Metro Atlanta is a BIG place. And I love living in my little corner of this big place. But it's not always easy to get together with writing friends who may be in a little corner way on the other side of this big place. Sometimes, writing friends are a state or two over. Thank goodness for writing conferences where we can all get together.

We laugh, we cry, we toast our successes, drown our sorrows, then start all over again. Is it just me or could that be a country song? Anyway, the point is that we share our journeys, and learn from each other. Sometimes, we learn a lot.

Take my friend, Janice Hardy. I knew she'd written a middle grade fantasy series, but I did not know that she had an entire blog FULL of writing information. I mean, seriously helpful writing articles and resources. Having a problem with finding your voice? There's an article for that. Conflicted over your conflict? There's an article for that. Confused about word counts? There's an article for that, too.

In fact, there are over 500 articles! Great googly-moogly, that's a lotta info. And it's all in one place, over at The Other Side of the Story.

The best part is, you don't have to go to a conference and get chummy with Janice to find out more. Oh, dear. That didn't come out quite right. Janice is completely charming and you'd really like her. So, um, the point here is, you don't have to wait for the next conference. All you have to do is click.