Friday, September 17, 2010

Finding Something Friday Beginning With A 90 Year Old Blogger

Need a smile? You'll find one when you watch this BBC story about Phyllis Greene from Ohio, a 90 year old who's whooping it up in the blogosphere. It's a little bit funny (as Elton John would sing) that the BBC would bring us this American story. But I'm glad those producers came al-l-l-l-l-l-l the way over here, and Ms. Greene surely enjoyed the experience.

Oh, and did I mention that Phyllis has almost 200 followers? And that she's on Facebook? And that she's in hospice? One of my choir friends told me about Phyllis last night, but honestly? It's stories like this, about a spunky 90 year old blogger, that make my heart sing!

You know what makes my heart race? Numbers, and figures, and word problems, oh my! So when I found this cool search engine that can do all sorts of calculating, I sped over to Wolfram. Now, I didn't really have anything earth-shattering to figure out on this particular morning, but a gal likes to keep up with her BMI (Body Mass Index). And unfortunately, thinking really, really hard doesn't burn any calories. So I let Wolfram figure it out for me. Of course, you might want to find other scathingly brilliant stuff from this computational knowledge engine. But just throwing around a phrase like "computational knowledge engine" already makes you sound brilliant, right?

Finally, I found my horoscope this morning. To wit: You have fans in the sidelines you do not even know about. They are waiting for the right moment to make their interest in you known. They have been entertained by you and can't wait to see what you will do next.

So, I'm fixing to run around the neighborhood, wearing nothing but a tiara and tennis shoes, just to see what happens. But first, I'm calling the BBC.