Wednesday, March 31, 2010

What Not to Do Wednesday on the To Do List

The other day on Facebook, I wrote that I had finally accomplished my To Do List for the day. The trick, I said, was having a very teeny, tiny To Do List.

Well, of course, I was joking. But upon further thought, I had an epiphany that went something like this: Hold on there, Cathy. You may be on to something.

How many times, grasshopper, have I written down these looooong To Do Lists, only to accomplish the first two or three To Do's on the list? (It's a rhetorical question, so quit guessing.) The point is, I always seem to think I can accomplish way more than is Cathy C. Hall possible. And then, at the end of the day, when perusing my un-accomplishments, I don't feel so good about myself. In fact, I want to kick my lazy behind. Thank goodness, that's also not Cathy C. Hall possible.

But after perusing my teeny, tiny To Do List, I felt downright chipper. Whee for me! So, grasshopper, what have we learned today? Don't fill up your To Do List, setting unrealistic goals for yourself. Give yourself time to accomplish what you really need to do. At the end of the day, you'll feel ever so much better. And your behind will thank you.