Friday, February 19, 2010

Finding Something Friday: Wright (and Wrong) Word-wise


When I opened an email the other day, I laughed out loud. Under my friend's signature line, I saw this quote from the comic Steven Wright:


"If a word in the dictionary were misspelled, how would we know?"

Funny, right? I LOVE that comic. I love that his humor often involved word play. And I love his dead pan delivery.

And then I remembered the Fake AP Stylebook, kind of the Steven Wright of grammar and editing. If you're signed up with Twitter, you can get daily tweets from this wacky group of folks who poke fun at the AP Stylebook. They've been doing it for awhile, so I guess the Real AP Stylebook is okay with it. And it's a good thing, 'cause the fake guys have a book coming out.

Oh, and I should tell you that I found that pic on Stock.xchng. Which, okay, is not funny or word-related. But it is a great place to find free stock photos. Word up.