Thursday, December 17, 2009

Fame, Fortune, and the Annual Dad Dilemma

Folks often ask (and by often, I mean once, possibly twice), "Say, Cathy C. Hall, what do you do with all that Fame and Fortune?"

Well, Fame is fleet. Or is it fleeting? The point is, it's not that easy to hold onto. But Fortune you can actually grab and throw around the dance floor! Fortune comes in pretty handy around the holidays, when I attempt to show the Beneficent Mr. Hall just how much he is appreciated . Nothing says "Please don't make me get a job where I'd have to wear actual clothes/ Merry Christmas!" than a swell gift under the tree. Unfortunately, it's not that easy to find a swell gift for Mr. Hall. You can find out why if you read "The Annual Dad Dilemma" from this month's Modern Senior Living.

So, that leaves a bit of Fortune left for me to share with friends like you in the Hall of Fame Holiday Giveaway! Today I'm adding a record coaster just like the one I use for my cuppa. Um, when I can find my coaster. Anyway, if you look closely, you can see that this coaster is, in fact, an actual record (Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" to be exact). I love that song. And I'm kinda fond of Kenny, too. But I'm giving away "The Gambler" 'cause it's such a great story song. And I'm all about writing here at the Hall of Fame.

So, don't forget to comment to get your name thrown in Santa's hat for the Giveaway at the end of the month! Remember, any comment on any post in December will get your name included. And more than one comment will get your name included more than once. Why, you could be as famous as Cathy C. Hall around here. And win a merry fortune, too!