Monday, October 12, 2009

I'm a Sucker for Neil Gaiman (Or How I Ended Up with a Twitter Account)


Apparently I have the willpower of a gnat.

Come to think of it, gnats are pretty willful critters. I've had gnats annoy me for hours. So maybe gnat is not the best comparison for use in this instance. But in the sense that a gnat is a teeny-tiny little bit of a thing, that's exactly how much willpower I have.

'Cause when I saw that Neil Gaiman was going to start a story on Twitter (he's a fan of tweeting, don't you know), and that his fan/followers can continue the story with their own little 140 character tweets, well.

Eventually, after 1,000 tweets or so, somebody will bundle it all up and make it an audiobook, to be read by some dashing narrator. Then, I guess folks can buy it. But I'm not buying a book just because I'd be a co-author with Neil Gaiman himself.

Well. I'm not spending any more than 25 bucks on it. Thirty, tops.