Friday, October 9, 2009

Finding Something Friday on NaNoWriMo

Now, I know many of you already know all about National Novel Writing Month. But I'm not really here today to explain all the ins and out of this exercise. You can find all that wonderful info at the splendiferous NaNoWriMo site.

What I'm finding today, and all this week, is a general excitement leading up to this November event. An excitement that's making me think Hey, Cathy C. Hall! You, too, can write a novel in a month! All you have to do is write about 1,000 words a day!

Um, 1000 words a day is a lot of words. A LOT. I'm not sure I can just wing 1000 words a day. So, my plan is to get an idea, make a general plot outline, think up a couple of amazing characters, and devise a heckuva great and satisfying ending. All before November 1st when National Novel Writing Month begins. Yep, come November 1st, I"ll be ready to go. 1,000 words a day here I come.

Unless I decide to do a picture book. That's 1000 words, too, right? Picture book, novel. Let's not make a big deal about the details.