Friday, May 9, 2008

Finding Something Friday... An Oldie but a Goldie

Bright and early this morning I opened my Inbox to find an email from my old buddy, Bill. And by old, I mean "not really that old, but older than me."

Bill and I worked together years ago, finding Fame and Fortune on the radio. Technically, I didn't find either, but Bill enjoyed a successful career and now is working as a successful freelance voice guy. I guess in some strange and wacky way, he misses those radio days because he does a two-minute podcast every day where he plays stuff from the years and years he spent as a very entertaining personality jock.

Which is where the email came in. He sent me some commercials that I'd written and that he'd produced. We'd done a take-off on "Dallas" (I was Sue Melon)...and a Dragnet spoof that was HI-larious...

Absolutely made my day. I mean, we were BRILLIANT! If I were still that brilliant, I might be able to figure out how to add those commercials here. But for now, I'll just add Bill's podcast to Cathy C.'s Hall of Fame. So check it out here or over at DETOURS. I guarantee you'll find something to smile about. And you may even find the voice of Cathy C. Hall.