Friday, April 18, 2008

Finding Something Friday...Premium Green Bonanza!

What a difference a day makes, huh? Though, technically, it was Wednesday when I was in a bit of a state about contests. Let's not nitpick. The point is today, I'm in a totally happy state about contests!

I opened my Inbox today to find my latest Premium Green issue and...I won a Fortune in cool prizes in a PG Contest! And when I get those prizes, I'll tell you all about them. For now, let me just say thank you, thank you, thank you, PG! And not just for the prizes. I have PG to thank for a query tip that paid off for me, too!

Also in my inbox I found an email accepting my column for another market! (Though technically, it was the editor/publisher who accepted the column. Let's not nitpick.) The May issue of Senior Living Magazine will be running one of my columns (um, I'm not sure which column; it'll be a surprise for all of us!) It's not that easy to get a column out there, even if you're witty as all get out. Because in the world of freelance writing, if an editor isn't grabbed by your query, he'll never get around to reading your witty-as-heck column anyway.

So check out Premium Green here if you're looking for markets, or great tips in the writing business. Oh, and contests, too! See the difference a day can make? (Though technically, it's been 48 hours. Enough with the nitpicking).