Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Tooting My Horn Tuesday: Of March Madness and Manuscripts

March Madness careened headlong into the Hall house, so I'm already behind this month. But maybe madness suits me since I heard from several on-going projects in the interim. That means I finally have something to toot about on Tuesday!

A little toot for my "Chicken Soup for the Twenty Something Soul" came in yesterday. The Chicken Soup folks had decided not to go forward with that title so my previously-considered story languished in a document file. Then I received a note from an editor who was looking for another home for those stories! Of course, it doesn't mean my story will, in the end, find a home, but it's a glimmer of hope. (I said it was a little toot.) And speaking of little toots, here's another.

I received yet another email saying the Silver Boomers anthology would really, truly, we're-not-kidding-this-time arrive in about two weeks. If you haven't submitted for the next edition, there's still time. Check out the details here.

No Fame or Fortune yet, but March could be a Road to Publication bonanza. Would it be worth all the first-of-the-month madness? Um, no. But it's better than nothin'.