Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Fame and Fortune From the Asylum




Sally may not be the brightest dog in the world, but she knows a good story when she sees it.

She's totally engrossed in my fiction piece "Language Barrier" from Loving the Undead, An Anthology of Romance...Sort of.

I know what you're thinking. It must have just been released by those spooky folks over at From the Asylum Books and Press. Perfect for Halloween!

Um, no. (Although of course, it's perfect for Halloween!) Actually, it was released in February (Nothing says "Happy Valentine's Day, Poopsie!" like horror).

So now you're thinking the writing connection must be that I wrote the story last October. What better time for creepy thoughts to snake through your brain and out onto the page?

Not exactly. I wrote "Language Barrier" in the summer of 2006 when birds chirped and butterflies flew round my head. Which just goes to show what birds and butterflies messing with my head can do.

But there is a connection. Remember when I mentioned going down The Road to Publication twice in one night? (Yes, you do. It was my last entry, for Pete's sake.) "Language Barrier" was the other story accepted at the eleventh hour for inclusion in a book mere minutes from going to press. It's weird, don't you think, that two stories written in the same summer would both be accepted on New Year's Eve night? (Cue The Twilight Zone theme song.)

If that's not creepy enough for you, then crawl on over to this website: http://www.fromtheasylum.com/. Nothing like a little horror to get one in that Undead mood. And don't forget to check out the "My Sweetie Wears..." Contest results. I think you'll be frightfully surprised.



Uh, oh! The thrills and chills must have been too much for the beneficent Mr. Hall. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.