Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday's Three: Something for Everyone (If You're a Writer)

So, I go to Twitter. And because it's been over a week, maybe two, a GAZILLION little tweets have rolled by. And at first, I get a little panicky. Egads! What have I missed? The secret to the universe may have been tweeted and where was I? I AM THE ONLY ONE WHO DOESN'T KNOW.

But then I breathe into a paper bag and notice that a lot of tweets are things like, "meet me at Pete's-it's on the corner of 4th and Lex" and I figure that the secret of the universe was probably not divulged at a bar in New York.

Still, I do find a couple writerly gems and save these sparkly posts to read for later. That is where Thursday's Three comes in. Here are a few sites you might want to check out. And best of all, you don't have to go through a panic attack to get there.

For the freelancer who wants to make more money, Kelly James-Enger has a wonderful blog, Dollars and Deadlines. And you might want to check her sidebar, too. Lots of great freelance resources there.

For the wannabe published author, Alan Rinzler has a blog called The Book Deal that's brimming with in-depth information on just about everything to do with the publishing business.

For the social-media challenged writer, check out Kristen Lamb's Blog. I really like her love revolution, We Are Not Alone (#MyWANA on Twitter). BUT, she's got plenty to say about all things social media, not just Twitter.

Okay, those are the top three of this week. I hope you find something you like. And please, people. If you happen on to the secret of the universe, shoot me an email.