Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What Not To Do Wednesday on Being Organized (Or Not)

So. I needed ONE little thing. A simple piece of paper.

Well, not just any old piece of paper. I was looking for a piece of paper from my radio days. The copy from a commercial, if you must know. And I looked EVERYWHERE.

And when I say EVERYWHERE, I mean I emptied the entire love chest of my life. There is a ton of stuff in that love chest, I can tell you that, grasshopper. But do you know what's NOT in the love chest? The radio commercial copy.

Eventually, I stuffed all the er, stuff back in the chest (P.S. I still can't get it to close). I moved on. To the filing cabinet, to be exact, where I was looking for something totally different. I suppose I don't need to tell you what I found in a completely random, unmarked folder.

Don't forget to mark your folders, grasshopper. And here's a link to 30 very funny books, according to Gina Barreca, Ph.D., who wrote a handful of pretty funny books herself. Honestly, we deserve a couple laughs, right?

'Cause if you can't laugh at the crazy stuff in life (and filing cabinets), then you might as well throw in the (paper) towel.