Friday, July 16, 2010

Finding Something Friday: Genres, Essay Contest and Hugs

Because I need to work on my YA manuscript today, I had editing, Chapter 7, and plot directions and themes on my mind. This Writer's Digest article on The Do's and Don'ts of Combining Genres was exactly what I needed to clear up some genre-blending questions I have. So, if you're working on a book-length manuscript, you might find it illuminating.

Because I love to win, I bookmarked this essay contest from Affordable Insurance. So far, I've come up with, oh, let me think a minute... Um, nope. Still zero ideas for this essay. But I know y'all love essays, too, and perhaps you've got a scathingly brilliant insurance topic. So, good luck with this contest!

And because I can't exactly hug all my wonderful blog readers, I thought I'd pass along Free Hugs in Sondrio, Italy. I love Cohen's Hallelujah, and I always smile when I watch this video on Youtube. So, here's my free hug to you.

I just love Finding Something Friday, don't you?