Friday, April 3, 2009

Finding Something Friday on Poetry Month (Yes, April)


I'd have posted this morning-
But I had little warning,

That Mr. Hall and his call
Would go on and all

Til I thought I would scream.
Then I got some ice cream

And Mr. Hall followed.
(He can't talk and swallow).

Oh, yeah. A bonus find on Finding Something Friday: Cathy C. Hall's a poet. Not a great poet, but let's not get all hung up on that. What we need to focus on here is poetry. As in April being National Poetry Month. And finding the spots where you can share your poems or read great poems. All Month Long.

Robert Brewer over at the Poetic Asides blog of Writer's Digest is doing a Poem-A-Day . It's a little too late for you to get the blog button for participating all month long if you're just finding out about it now. But it's not too late to get your great poems in there for consideration in the best poems of the day, possibly included in an anthology. There are a ton of folks participating, and yes, I've written my poem a day. Not great poems, but c'mon. I said we weren't going to get hung up on that.

But if you'd rather read great poems (You know I know what you're thinking, right?), and you love children's poetry (because hey, everyone can understand those poems, right?), then check out GottaBook and get 30 poems in 30 days. Or is it 30 days/30 poems? Well, it doesn't matter. It's great poetry. And you don't want to miss a single day.

Reading or writing it.