Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tooting My Horn Tuesday for Reading Writers

Here's a Tuesday double tooting! (Um, that didn't sound very ladylike, did it? Let's keep moving...)

I just received my children's book Opinion from Elizabeth Guy over at Reading Writers. Remember that opinion I won way back when for writing that splendiferous sentence? (The Verb, the ezine affiliated with Reading Writers, sponsored a contest called The Sentence Soiree.)

So, first, I have to shout, "Whee! She liked it! She really, really liked it!" The parts that I thought were funny, she thought were funny, too! I love my main character; she loved that little guy, too! The story that I've labored over for months and months and months, she liked and enjoyed.

It wasn't all a love fest, of course. There were aspects of the story that needed work. And Elizabeth gave some great suggestions. Bottom line, that was absolutely the best prize I've ever won. Yay for me!

And yay for Reading Writers! I'd never considered an editing service before, but I can definitely see the value therein. And if I ever finish my second story, I know just where I'll send it for an opinion.

But for now, I need to work on my children's book. And you need to check out Reading Writers. You can sign up for the newsletter and get The Verb ezine sent to your inbox, free. Oh, and check out the latest contest. You could be tooting, too. (Um, I really need to come up with something else for Tuesday).