Friday, January 16, 2009

Finding Something Friday : Searching for Warmth

Okay, I know it's freezing all over the country, but when the temperature drops to 30 in my Georgia backyard... baby, it's cold outside! So, I thought I'd find something to warm the cockles of my heart. Feel free to warm your cockles, too (whatever a cockle is).

I'm still looking for all those favorite websites I had stored, and subsequently lost, in the computer fiasco of '09. Today I remembered "Anthologies Online." Check it out here for articles and anthology call-outs. I found a call-out for A Cup Of Comfort for Fathers.

A few days ago, I found the Cup of Comfort blog, which dang near made my day. Not the blog, so much, but a post about the latest C of C to be released: Cup of Comfort for New Moms. My story was listed in the index. Big deal, you might think. After all, I'd filled out a contract and sent my edited version back. But a contract and edited version does not automatically mean your story's going to end up in the book. Trust me.

Anyway, check out the Cup of Comfort website (The blog's there, too). You'll find all the info for the Father's book. Deadline is April 1, 2009. That's plenty of time to write a heart-warming little essay about dad, right?

And if you want to warm up your children's writing, you might want to check out the hot new happenings from Children's Book Insider. If you have a CBI subscription, you can get into their new CBI Clubhouse. But you can get their hot e-zine delivered to your inbox FREE! if you go to the Write4kids website. I'm still catching up on end-of-the-year and first-of-the-year newsletters and e-zines (like CBI). I got way behind, you know, on account of the computer fiasco of '09.

Do you get the feeling that you're going to be hearing about the computer fiasco of '09 for quite some time to come? Well, there you go...just one more thing you found out today on Finding Something Friday. Now, off you go. Start warming those cockles (whatever they are).