Monday, August 4, 2008

August = Authors

Could it really be August already? Normally, that would not be good news. But since the end of August means the AJC Decatur Book Festival, I'll give a big "WooHoo!"

If you live in the Atlanta area, you've got to make plans to attend this book festival in one of my favorite Southern towns. Right in the heart of Decatur, come August 29, 30, and 31st, you can meet and greet such authors as Ferrol Sams, Karin Slaughter, Lee Smith, Clyde Edgerton, Pearl Cleage, and so many more, I can't list them all. You'll have to look up the rest of the 250 authors here; you're sure to find one of your favorites.

One of my favorite authors who'll be doing author-ly stuff at the book festival is Bailey White. I love her humor and her Southern voice, so I'll definitely be wherever she's hanging out that weekend (Not in a stalker way. More like in a standing-around-annoyingly way). And I'd really like to meet John Bemelmans Marciano. Does that name sound familiar? If you're a fan of the Madeline books (Twelve little girls...), you know the name Bemelmans. Mr. Marciano is the grandson of the original author, and he (the grandson, that is) has written the first new Madeline book in over 50 years!

I won't stalk him, either. But I may get him to sign the new Madeline book. And get a picture. With him shaking hands with me. And the two of us laughing and talking in French. Bon-on-on. (That's "WooHoo" in French!)