Thursday, October 13, 2011

A This 'n That Thursday on Reading



So I came across Neil Gaiman's bloody brilliant idea the other day on Twitter: All Hallow's Read.


It's pretty simple. Just give someone a scary book to read on Halloween. It doesn't have to be brand-spanking new. It doesn't have to be just for kids. It doesn't have to be written by Neil Gaiman, even.


Just go watch the short video and hear what Neil has to say. But you'll probably be distracted by the zombies in the background and not really listen. Or maybe that's just me.


Anyway, I love this idea. In fact, I love it so much that I'll give some lucky blog reader a scary book. Maybe I'll give away a couple of scary books. I guess that depends on how many scary books I can round up. In the meantime, leave a comment with the word "BOOk" in it and you might get one from my personal stash of creepy favorites!


Also, whilst piddling...um, make that business networking, on Twitter, I came across a very funny site about the value of our libraries. If you're familiar with the book, Go The F*** To Sleep, and have a wondrous imagination, you'll know where I'm going with this site. And why I can't actually mention it in a G-rated blog. You'll just go and laugh and laugh and laugh.


Or again, maybe that's just me.