Monday, September 12, 2011

Katie's Doll Gets Around (She's on a Mission!)








Yes, I know I'm too old for dolls, but there's something special about this little yarn cutie.


See, she came home and joined me outside while I enjoyed a quick read. I was busy checking out the blog of the girl who makes these yarn dolls. Her name is Katherine Mayhew, and I think she's twelve. When I was twelve, I spent an awful lot of time singing into a hairbrush and devising ways to meet The Monkees.





So right in the middle of reading about her mission to raise money for orphans in Africa so they can go on a field trip, I found my little yarn doll, swinging on the chandelier in the dining room. I don't think the orphans would approve of those shenanigans. Although if I'm honest, those kids have probably never seen a chandelier. I'm not even sure they have electricity in that village.





Anyway, I got her down from there--and couldn't help noticing what fine shape she was in. My, I said to myself, that Katie can really knit well. And didn't I see something about dishcloths? A person can never have enough dishcloths (especially if that person lives with the Beneficent-yet messy- Mr. Hall.) I should order some of those fine knitted wonders, too, I thought. But before I could get around to that, I had to find my doll. She was perusing my bookshelves, from the upside-down position.

Oh, that little stinker!





I had one more thing I wanted to look up, so I have my little yarn doll here, hanging out with me at the Hall of Fame, while I read about Katherine's Mission. I imagine Katie's going to need a lot of help to raise enough money for the orphans, but I have a feeling she'll succeed.



As for keeping up with those wild and crazy dolls, she's on her own.