Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tooting My Horn Tuesday: Hot Flash Mommas!


You know how your stories are sort of like children? You're proud of them when they go out in the world and do well. And you love each and every one of them, exactly the same.


Except sometimes, you like one a little better than the other. She makes you laugh, or she makes you smile, or maybe she makes you sigh. But mostly, there's just something there, close to your heart, that makes you like her just a teensy bit more than the others. Not forever, of course. You know that tomorrow, your heart will be pulled in another direction.


That's just the way it is, with stories and kids. And that's the way it is with my story, "The Funny Thing in The Bathroom at Casa Del Rio." You can read it in A Shaker of Margaritas: Hot Flash Mommas. This anthology has just come out of Mozark Press, and it's brimming with wonderful stories about the forty or older woman and her search for happiness, or love, passion, or perhaps revenge.


I'm not sure what each character is searching for because I haven't had time to read each and every story. But I've enjoyed the ones I've read so far. And I'm so glad that this story of mine found a home there. There's a little piece of me in that forty-something woman who bumps into a long-ago lover in the Senoritas.


Makes me feel twenty-something again when I read it. And for just a few minutes, that's a fine thing. Might make a fine gift for the woman of a certain age you know. That's all I'm saying.


And that I really love "The Funny Thing in the Bathroom at Casa Del Rio." I'll keep smiling... until the next special story grabs my heart.