Friday, June 11, 2010

Finding Something Friday: Mozark Press

So, here's the thing. Friday is my "Catch Up on All Things Bloggy" day. And generally speaking, I start out the day, zipping from blog to favorite blog, reading about what my creative buds have been up to in their little corners of the writing world. It's all very interesting, but exhausting, in an "information overload" kind of way.

That's why I have to go out to lunch on Fridays. It helps me process all that information. I know it may look like I'm talking about my neighbor while inhaling chips and salsa, but trust me. I'm processing.

Except that today, I happened to stop over at Becky's blog and read somewhere among the last week's posts about this submission call out at Mozark Press. Which had, if I remember what Becky said correctly, originally popped up on Donna's blog, who knows when.

Well. I could barely concentrate on my quesadilla fajita or eavesdropping on the table next to me. All I could think about was a flash story I'd written that I knew would work for this A Shaker of Margaritas: Hot Flash Mommas anthology.

One teensy, little thing. I needed about 700 more words, a 40-ish protagonist and a totally different middle and ending. So, that whole writing thing took longer than I planned. Which explains my Finding Something Friday post at a few minutes before Saturday.

Oh, and one more thing. You only have till June 15 if you've got a story stuck in your head now. And really. You don't have time to be lolly-gagging at lunch dates.