Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Double Tootin' Tuesday: The Ultimate Bird Lover and CNN (Radio, That Is)


For all of my fine-feathered friends out there (and really, I'm just talking to the family of wrens who nest in a hanging plant on my screened porch every year), I'd like to say thank you very much!

Because without you, I wouldn't have had a fine story for The Ultimate Bird Lover. Remember way, way back (and for once, I'm not exaggerating) when I wrote that story about Sally the crazy dog gobbling up the baby wren? Yes, I know that doesn't sound like what you'd call a happy story. But it had a heart-warming point.

Still, you can imagine my surprise when a fellow from CNN Radio invited me to do an interview about birds and such. On the radio. At CNN.

Well, I don't need to tell you that I high-tailed it to CNN! See, I started in radio way, way, waaaay back in the day, so I was thrilled to see CNN Radio up close and personal. And also, because I'm a ham.

Anyway, we had quite the conversation about birds and such. More about "and such" than Sally and the baby wrens. But I managed to wing it(C'mon, you had to see that coming) and I believe The Ultimate Bird Lover was even (briefly) mentioned. Maybe, if you live where a CNN affiliate broadcasts, you heard me blah-blahing away. But if not, you can still read my story. Because truly, it's a sweet story.

So, all's well that ends well. (Well, except for the baby wren.)