Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tooting My Horn Tuesday on TH Stuff

The Nano Lament (Sung to the tune of "I've Been Working on the Railroad")

I've been working on the novel, all the livelong day.
I've been working on the novel, and I've got a lot to say.
Don't you see your shouting hubby? He's starving and he's mad!
Don't you see I've got to finish? Peanut butter's not that bad.

First TH: 30, 000 words on my novel-in-progress! Count 'em and weep, fellow writers. (Come to think of it, the Beneficent Mr. Hall is almost on the verge of tears himself. Perhaps for an entirely different reason. Perhaps it has something to do with my personal hygiene. Perhaps I've shared a little too much.)

A quick word about Thin Threads, which is a new book series based on stories about thin threads or life-changing moments. Many moons ago, I sent a story and forgot all about it. Until I received a recent email saying, Whee! You're a finalist! (I'm paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines.) Then, I received another email saying, Whee! Your story's been selected for a Thin Threads book or whatever we decide to do with it! (Second TH) So, check out their recent contest if you've got one of those thin thread moments.

Finally, when I looked back at the Tooting My Horn Tuesday posts, I realized I had more toots than last year (Um, you know what I mean, right?). And I'm darn thankful for the throngs (Third TH) of folks who put up with my tooting, and always have such nice things to say. (Okay, maybe throngs is stretching it. But I'm all about the THemes.)

Oh! And have a blessed and bountiful THanksgiving! (Gee, I sure hope the Beneficent Mr. Hall picks up a turkey for us or it's going to be a very peanutty holiday at the Hall house!)