Friday, October 2, 2009

Finding Something Friday: Did Someone Ask for Zombies?

First off, I opened my Gwinnett Daily Post to find a veritable smorgasbord of zombie news. A review of the movie "Zombieland" got the living dead ball rolling, but then I found this neat story about a guy at Netherworld (a local horror spot that's so scary, the Beneficent Mr. Hall refuses to go. But then, he won't go down the street in the dark, either.) and how parts of this zombie-tastic movie were filmed there (No pun intended. Wait, I think I will intend that pun.)

I also read how the University of Florida had included a response plan for the zombie apocalypse on a disaster recovery site. Now that's what I call being prepared. Apparently, the powers that be failed to see the prudence of having a plan in case of an attack of the living impaired. The zombie plan has already been removed. All I can say is, heaven help Florida if the zombie apocalypse starts there.

If you have a great idea for a zombie story, you should check out the Library of the Living Dead Forum. By my last count, there were 8 anthologies with open submissions for all things zombie-tastic. I've got a great story in mind, about a zombie attack in a Southern state, that had a plan and foolishly threw it out. Heads rolled.