Monday, June 8, 2009

Introducing Cathy-on-a-Stick



I've been thinking about Cathy-on-a-Stick for a long time. Um, not in a creepy sort of way. More in a "what if I made a Cathy-on-a-Stick and took her around with me on little adventures" kind of way.

I can't take complete credit for Cathy-on-a-Stick. I got the idea when I met Whitney-on-a-Stick. Whitney-on-a-Stick was created to keep Madame Queen (AKA Daughter Hall) company.

Cathy-on-a-Stick does keep me company. But she's not as well-behaved as Whitney-on-a-Stick. Which kinda explains a lot about my parenting skills. Anyway, this weekend, Sorta Working Cathy-on-a-Stick joined me at the book tour. The four authors were pretty good sports (not to mention happy to share tons of great information about their books and publishing). So, thanks to Deidre Knight, author and owner of the Knight Agency, Shannon K. Butcher, Jennifer St. Giles and Maria Geraci. Buy their books. Cathy-on-a-Stick did. (She sorta had to, but that's another story. Check out her foolishness at her own blog. Us serious writers have work to do.)