Monday, February 2, 2009

Look, Ma! I Can Scan!



One of the good by-products of the Computer Fiasco of '09 (Yes, I'm still harping about that) is my new printer/copier/scanner.

Now, I know that printer/copier/scanner combos have been available for some time. Or so the beneficent Mr. Hall claimed earlier today when I said, "This scanner is freakin' awesome!"

The beneficent Mr. Hall has a printer, etc... But I didn't really know too much about it. In fact, I never even knew he had an awesome scanner over there, four or five feet away, waiting in all its freakin' awesomeness. Because it was his business printer, etc... Business stuff is hands off for the likes of Cathy C. Hall.

But now I have my very own printer/scanner/copier. And I've been scanning all kinds of things: my columns in Modern Senior Living Magazine, essays from Sasee Magazine, and in a minute, I'm going to scan a children's story. Then I'm going to plop all that scanned stuff onto my website.

At least, I think I can do that...but don't rush me. I just joined the 20th century today (or so said Mr. Smartypants when I learned how to scan). And now that I'm thinking about it, I wonder if I can plop scanned stuff onto my blog? Anybody? 'Cause there's no way I'm asking Mr. Smartypants.

(Thanks to blacklord from flickr.com for photo)