Thursday, July 3, 2008

Children's Lit Bits: Sites You Don't Want to Miss




You know how I like to win stuff. And I can win a few children's books just by telling you about this great transcript: http://www.institutechildrenslit.com/rx/tr01/binestock.shtml. But I would have told you about it eventually 'cause it's jam-packed with lots of great info about children's picture books.

Now that I think about it, when it comes to jam-packed great children's info, you can't beat the weekly newsletter from the Institute of Children's Literature. Check out their website to see how you can sign up for the free e-news.

Then you'll get transcripts like this all the time. You'll also get tips about kid lit websites. Like this great blog I just spent the morning reading: Editorial Anonymous. It's penned by a children's book editor who reminds me a little of Miss Snark. Maybe she's just carrying on the tradition of telling it like it is from the editor's perspective. So don't expect rainbows and teddy bears. But do expect to laugh.

And expect to learn a little something about children's writing. Just that one little bit might make all the difference!