Friday, June 20, 2008

Finding Something Friday: What a Beautiful Day to Write

Oh what a beautiful moooorning, Oh what a beautiful day!

When I stepped outside to get the mail, I felt like singing. Okay, I did sing...but I did a little look-see first to make sure the neighbors wouldn't catch me being myself. But here in the South, when the Good Lord blesses you on the first day of summer with no humidity, a gentle breeze, and a hint of Confederate Jasmine in the air...well, if you don't find yourself singing, then I don't know what to say.

Wait, I do know what to say. Maybe you need to find something that will lift your soul, like a Cup of Comfort book, or maybe a Chicken Soup for the Soul essay or two. Better yet, try writing one yourself. Check out the COC books here and the Chicken Soup books here. They're always looking for good stories and a few deadlines are drawing near. You don't have to be a famous writer; you just have to share a good story. If you want to increase your chances of getting published, read a few of these books to see what they're choosing.

And hey, I've got a beautiful feeling, you could find yourself singing, too!