Thursday, May 15, 2008

Finding Fame and Fortune at an E-zine (WOW!)

I'm on the top of the world, looking down on creation, and the only explanation I can find is er, (I'm just gonna make up something here) 'cause I found a little Fame and Fortune on my Road to Publication!

I really try to keep my horn tooting to Tuesdays, and my finding something to Fridays, but I'm just too excited. When I opened my Inbox, I found the May/June issue of Wow! Women on Writing e-zine which just happened to be the Humor issue. And guess who just happened to have an article in it? Ta-daa! It's called "Almost Everything I Know about Humor Writing I Learned for Free" and you'll find it in the Freelancer's Corner. Go directly there now and you can learn a few tips, too.

But don't just read my article. Read the whole issue. Because it's packed with great stuff about humor writing. And many of these writing tips apply to genres across the board. I'm sure you'll find something you can use.

Like a new contest or market. You'll find plenty of opportunities in the Women on Writing e-zine. Consider that your Finding Something Friday, one day early. 'Cause Cathy C. Hall will be gone for the weekend, soaking up a few rays and celebrating Fame and Fortune.

Oh, and singing...I'm on the top of the world, looking...say, was that Karen Carpenter? Or the Cowsills? Dang. Now I'm gonna have that song stuck in my head for the rest of the day.