Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Tooting My Horn Tuesday (Though Technically it's Ben's Horn)

I am so thrilled for a writer group friend of mine that I just had to toot my horn for him!

Ben has been sharing excerpts from his work-in-progress for as long as I've known him. Occasionally, he'll write shorter peices or speeches and share those, too. And all through these months, we've encouraged Ben to submit these shorter works (with little luck).

Until a month or so ago when Ben submitted to Silver Boomers. Naturally, we had to do a little happy-happy-joy-joy dance for Ben putting his work out there. And then, wonder of wonders, I received an email from our shy writer saying his work had been accepted for publication!

Now I can't wait to hear Ben's soon-to-be-published words. So a little Fame and Fortune for Ben and a little "See what happens when you try" tip from the Centerville Writers. And that little fluttery noise? That's me, patting myself on the back for giving Ben the push!