Friday, April 4, 2008

Finding Something Friday...Looky, It's a Book!

You know how sometimes you send a story in, wait forever for it to be accepted, then pow! Just like that, it's in your mailbox!

Well, this is not one of those times. But I did find a book in my mailbox this week. After months and months of changes, Silver Boomers was finally published and sent out to authors. If you want to check it out, I'm afraid you'll have to order a copy from Amazon. Unless you happen to know one of the authors, like Cathy C. Hall. Otherwise, you'll just have to take my word that it's chock full of interesting essays, intriguing fiction and lots of poetry that I don't quite understand. But don't let that deter you. There's lots of poetry I don't get.

What I do get, thanks to Lookybook, is a chance to read picture books without having to buy them first! Lookybook is a website where registered users can flip the pages of any number of picture books. It's sort of a look before you buy site, without having to leave the comfort of your chair. So if you're a librarian, wanting to purchase books, or a godparent, looking for that special book for a child, you can check out the book in its entirety and then place an order.

Of course, there's lots of other reasons why you might be interested in finding Lookybook. I like that I can take a look at a ton of children's books without having to check them out and pay the fine because I've forgotten the due date. And if you're a children's book author, it's a great promotional tool.

Take a look at Lookybook here to see what I mean. Too bad you can't click on the pages of Silver Boomers to see what's inside. But if you're anything like Sally, you'll love it!