Friday, February 15, 2008

Finding Something Friday: Erma's Contest

So you think you're funny, huh? Are you as funny as Erma Bombeck? 'Cause if you are, you might just win the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition that's sponsored every year by the Washington-Centerville Public Library.

I sure thought Erma was funny. Come to think of it, I can still read Erma's old columns and laugh. When I found her contest a few years ago, I absolutely had to enter it. Not because I think I'm as funny as Erma. And not because I can enter a previously published essay. Not even because it's free.

I enter the Erma Bombeck Writing Competition because I have a rule: I must lose at least one contest every year. So far, Erma's contest has always come through for me.

Now, don't dilly-dally if you want the Fame and Fortune. Pull out one of your scathingly witty essays and send it off by February 17th. Who knows? Maybe you really are as funny as Erma.