Monday, June 6, 2011

June: The Halfway Point



I'm not sure what it is about June...whether it's the start of that old school vacation vibe, or that it's the halfway point through the year and I don't want to think where my goals are, or heck, maybe it's just the heat and humidity kicking in...but June makes me restless. In a sluggish kind of way.


I want to get motivated. But only a little bit.


I wish I could get started on a writing project. But nothing too demanding.



I love what I do. But I'd rather be making cloud pictures today.


So I found this quote that I think is perfect for what's ailing me in June. And maybe it's perfect for any writer who's kinda stuck in a rut. Or really, for anyone who's just plain stuck.


It may be that when we no longer know which way to go that we have begun our real journey. The mind that is not baffled is not employed. The impeded stream is the one that sings.



~Wendell Berry