Monday, May 2, 2011

On Being All Right On This, My First Post in May

This is my first post in May, and generally, what with May being all about Spring, and school days winding down, and my bare little toesies poking out of flip-flops, my thoughts turn to merriment and such.

However, I would be remiss if I did not address certain events which have recently transpired, namely the (sorta) sudden demise of Osama bin Laden.

Frankly, I'm not sure when the man died, as news reports vary on that fact. And if I'm being perfectly honest, I'm a tad confused as to why most networks spell it "Osama" and yet another network spells it "Usama." What I am certain about is that the person who orchestrated a heinous terrorist attack upon thousands of innocent American people has been stopped. And for that, I'm grateful. In fact, I'd like to thank every courageous man and woman in our military and varied services who show up for work each day to fight the good fight.



I show up for work almost every day, and I fight, too, if you count arguing with Sally the Crazy Dog. Somehow, it doesn't seem quite as...well, courageous. But still, I get to sit here at my desk, with my bare toesies wiggling, and laughing at Steve Martin's hilarious essay "Writing is Easy!" (from his book, Pure Drivel) until the Beneficent Mr. Hall comes upstairs to find out if I'm all right.

Yes, Mr. Hall, I'm all right. I'm better than all right on this, my first post in May. Because I live in America, the land of the free and the home of the brave.




(Thanks to isafmedia for the photo!)