Friday, March 11, 2011

Finding Something Friday on Reading (Fun) and Writing (Freebies)

(You'll enjoy this first bit more if you sing it to the tune of "My Favorite Things." P.S. You might want to hum if you're at work. Or tone deaf.)



"Reading and writing, they all fit together! Letters make words sing like birds of a feather.

Paper and colored pens having their flings! These are a few of my favorite things!"



Ah, how I love the sound of music in the morning! Just about as much as I love reading and writing. And as much as I love Share-A-Story, Shape-A-Future!



All week, folks have been "Unwrapping the Gift of Literacy" though blog posts, and tweets and Facebook comments. Today's the last day, but you can still zip over to illustrator Elizabeth Dulemba's blog where she asks a ton of authors how they fell in love with reading. And perhaps win her giveaway! Isn't that a fun and wondrous thing to find on a Friday?



Then you can zip over to All Freelance Writing and find a ton of writing freebies. There are ebooks, and writing tools, and business and blogging templates, all for free! Maybe today's the day you'll get serious about freelance writing.



Or maybe you'll just curl up with a great book or write a lovely little poem. It's all good.



"When the kids gripe, when the bills sting, when I'm feeling bad...I simply sit down to my favorite things. And then I don't feeeeeeeeeel so bad!"