Friday, February 25, 2011

Finding Something Friday: Packing Your Pitch!


Yikes! I don't have time to find something this Friday--I'm busy packing and whatnot for an SCBWI conference!

Fortunately, I found something earlier this week that's been quite helpful in the packing department. I found a blog post from Bubble Cow on "How to Clearly Communicate the Essence of Your Book to Agents and Publishers."

You may or may not like the idea of piggy-backing your pitch onto a well-known construct, but it can help you squeeeze out the essence of your book, and get you started. Because packing a short, well-thought out pitch is just as important as comfy shoes and your toothbrush.

Which reminds me. I need toothpaste!
P.S. That's Juniorest Hall, getting ready to throw a pitch. He's WAY bigger than that now. But he's still pretty cute!