Thursday, February 11, 2010

Thursday's Three: Url Shorteners

Ten years ago, I didn't know what an URL was. And just about the time I figured them out, I mean really grasped the whole URL concept, the techies came along and decided to shorten them.

Techie types are always up to something, aren't they? Fortunately, I don't have to understand the concept of shorteners (because really, how can you explain why "Thursday's Three: Url Shorteners" becomes jgyhtx?) All I need to understand is that short is better when it comes to tweeting, and all I need to grasp is one of these three shorteners:

1. bit.ly ...."Shorten, share, and track your links"

2. Tiny.cc..."Make a ridiculously long url, tiny"

3. budurl..."Shrink it. Spread it. Watch it Grow."

Take your pick. Slap one on your blog. Kick up your heels and do a jig with it. And thank a techie today.