Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I Saw Neil Gaiman Autographing Books



(Sung to the tune of "I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus")

I saw Gaiman autographing books,
Way up from the balcony so high.

He didn't see me creep,
Up to the rail to peek.

I took this picture even though my butt was fast asleep!

'Cause I saw Gaiman autographing books,
And knew I wouldn't make it till the end.

What a treat it would have been
If Neil had only seen
Me and autographed my book last night!

(P.S. I bought an already-autographed book.)

(P.P.S. If you ever get the chance to see and actually hear Mr. Gaiman, you should go. He is quite the entertaining chap. But get there early. 'Cause those young twenty-somethings are happy to stand in line for hours and wait for hours for his autograph. I mean, I really like Neil Gaiman. But I was in the midnight-signing crowd, and a world-famous author may not have been in a "What have we here? Cathy-on-a-Stick?" jolly mood at 12:08 in the morning.)

(P.P.S.S. Thanks to Little Shop of Stories in Decatur, Georgia, for winning the competition so I could see the entertaining Neil Gaiman. Support your local indie bookstore!)

(P.P.P.S.S. Yes, I know it's dark and kinda blurry and that could be anybody. But it's neilhimself. I was in the balcony, fer cryin' out loud.)