Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tuesday Tip: So You Wanna Write A Series


You don't have to start out writing a series to end up with a series.

That's the tip I got from Fiona Ingram, who's over at Finders & Keepers today, discussing her book, The Secret of the Sacred Scarab. Well, technically, she's discussing the writing of the book, and it's good stuff.

Fiona started out to write a simple book about two boys and their adventure in Egypt and ended up with a series. How does that happen? I could explain it, but Fiona does a much more eloquent job. So give her a visit, ask her a question or two. She's a lovely person (really, she's kinda gorgeous), and quite the interesting writer. Oh, and she self-published her book (and then got a contract from a traditional publisher...how'd that happen?)

Um, I should probably dash over to my other blog and ask Fiona myself! Follow me...cathychall.wordpress.com