Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Tooting My Horn Tuesday On WOW! Women Leaders





You might remember me mentioning Maureen Anderson and her book, The Career Clinic: Eight Simple Rules for Finding Work You Love. I thought Maureen and her story would make for an inspiring feature for WOW! Women on Writing's issue about successful women. And you know what? So did they!

If you want to read more details, check it out here. I know it's hard right now to land a job, much less a job that will pay the bills, never mind whether you love that job. In fact, Maureen states that the folks calling into her radio show these days feel a little guilty about pursuing dream jobs. But that doesn't mean you can't help your dream along. I'm thinking mostly about writers, but I suppose it goes for anyone. If there's something you want, you have to do something to get it. If you want to be a writer, write. Even if it's just 20 minutes a day. Success is just as sweet, whether the road's long or short. (Although I'm not going to lie. Short would suit me better.)

And if you want to see how other successful women made it, then follow the leaders over at WOW!'s latest issue. Oh, and another thing. If you meet someone who has an interesting story, take notes. You never know where your next writing opportunity may come from!