Friday, March 13, 2009

Finding Something Friday on Daily Booth, Ralan's and President Obama

Found some interesting things this week, so no time to dilly-dally about...

A big Thanks and shout out to my techno-genius bud, Bill Elder, who told me about Daily Booth. It's a social network that prompts you to catalog your life, one day at a time, through pictures of your face. That's right, your face. Kind of like the picture booths you see in the malls, only it's online and allows you to hook up and network with other Daily Boothers and their faces. I have a fantabulous idea for this application, sort of with my face, but not exactly with my face (because even though I am cute as a button (see my face), it takes work to get me looking this cute. Who's got time for that every day?) So stay tuned! And check out Daily Booth if you just can't get enough of yourself.

But if you're not so much into pictures, you should check out Ralan's, a fantabulous site filled with markets, contests, anthologies and such. I used to check Ralan's on a regular basis, but then my computer went AWOL (Is she still harping about that? Yes, she is.) and I lost all my bookmarks. Slowly but surely, I'm getting them back where they belong. And thank goodness I remembered Ralan's, 'cause the markets and such are of the speculative fiction variety (one of my faves for short stories) AND the humor variety (Coincidentally, another big fave). So, if humor and spec fiction is on your Writing To Do List, then zip over to Ralan's.

And finally, I came across a little tidbit about President Obama and his tweetin' while he was on the campaign trail. Really? The President on Twitter? Seriously? With all that man has to worry about and he's busy coming up with 140 character tweets??? Wonder if he's still tweetin'? 'Cause if he is, I'm definitely signing up with Twitter.

Then I can say, "Oh, yeah. Me and the President...we're like this (picture my face, cheek to cheek with you-know-who)."