Wednesday, December 10, 2008

What Not to Do Wednesday Makes a Wish

I wish I may, I wish I might, have this wish I wish tonight. Remember that children's poem? It just popped into my head as I type this post about What Not To Do Wednesday.

The Make-A-Wish Foundation has teamed up with the E!Networks and a slew of children's authors/illustrators to raise money, just in time for Christmas! And all you have to do is send a (free!) e-card.

Let's see, Eric Carle (The Very Hungry Caterpillar) designed a card, and Ian Falconer (Olivia-Oh, I love that cute little pig!) designed one, too. And Janell Cannon (Stellaluna) and Debra Frasier (On the Day You Were Born) and, and....hmmm. I know there are a few more. You'll have to go to the E!Network site here to see the cards. And to send your free holiday greeting. Everytime you send a card, the E!Network sends a chunk 'o change to the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

It's simple, really, to make a child's wish come true. What a wonderful gift those children's writers/illustrators gave! And now, you're probably wondering where's the What Not To Do here.

That's simple, too. Don't wait another minute, grasshopper. Seize the moment. Send a card and make-a-wish for a child before the next star pops up!