Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tooting My Horn Tuesday Looks at Sasee and WHY Magazines

Why am I looking at those magazines? (Cathy C. Hall asked sassily) Okay, that was bad. But these magazines are very good. And not just because I happen to be published within their wonderful pages.

WorkHomeYou Magazine is a webzine, brimming with all sorts of neat articles for the work-at-homer. Coincidentally, I'm a work-at-homer, despite the occasional comments from the beneficent Mr. Hall to the contrary. Of course, not everyone who works at home is a writer. But most folks working at home are sitting in their office chairs, in front of a computer. That's where my office chair article comes in. You can find the article in the Stuff Department, or you can read all about finding the right office chair here, but why not take a few minutes to peruse the whole magazine? The editor, Dina Santorelli, does a great job with this slick webzine.

I'm always grateful for a place to share my essays. So, Sasee Magazine made my day when my Anniversary Dreamin' essay showed up in the November issue! Coincidentally, the theme for the month happened to be gratitude. Now, didn't that all work out just swell? Sasee is a print magazine (also online) that's distributed in Myrtle Beach. Love this mag, too! If you visit the online version, you can leave a comment. So, let's say you read a wonderful essay about anniversaries, dreaming, and such. You could say something like, "Gee,(fill in the name of the writer here), what a wonderful story! Always love reading your humorous, heart-warming thoughts! Hope to see you in Sasee again!"

I think any writer would be grateful for that kind of comment. (And not just a writer like me who happens to be published in some wonderful magazines this month).