Monday, September 15, 2008

Kindle, Kindle Everywhere

I just read that an author is offering her book free to Kindle readers. Or I guess, more properly, Kindle owners. I don't own a Kindle and I'm not likely to pick one up anytime soon, even if I can get a free book downloaded.

Don't get me wrong. I like books. I LOVE books. But I'm not sure I'm feeling the love of the Kindle movement. I don't think I like the idea of reading being so techno-efficient. I like to pick up a book, thumb through the pages, get a feel for things before I commit to reading the story. Something tells me that's not how Kindle works.

On the other hand, I'm still eating byte-sized crow about the fact that I have two blogs and a website (though technically, I only dissed the blogging). So, to Kindle or not to Kindle? That is the question.

And here's another question: do you know a Kindle? Oddly enough, I met someone named Kindle just the other day while researching an article. An article I should be writing. So I guess the real question is: how much longer can I stall by ruminating on this whole Kindle thing?

This is what happens when I watch Andy Rooney.